Bruschetta with tomato and basil on the barbecue
Bruschetta is a dish that originated in central Italy. It consists of grilled bread smeared with garlic and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and tomatoes.
- Finely chop the garlic, shallot and tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on the barbecue.
- Sauté the shallot and garlic. Add the cherry tomato. Braise for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the basil. Mix with the herbs, pepper and salt under the tomatoes.
- Cut the bread into 2 cm slices. Cover each slice with tomato. Put on the barbecue for a while.